BrightHOME Energy Solutions offers commercial and residential building performance services in the New York metro region, including Westchester County, Putnam County, Rockland County, Orange County, Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx and Western Connecticut.
Part of our mission is to help educate property owners in our area about energy efficiency – from simple fixes to whole-home, professional jobs. Enjoy these informative blog posts from our team!
Energy Tip of the Week
When it's this hot outside, reduce the heat. Begin cooking on a higher heat setting until liquid begins to boil. Then, lower the temperature and simmer the food until fully cooked. A fast boil doesn't cook faster than a slow boil, but it does use more energy.
Quick Tips to Save Energy with the Summer HEAT!
1. Use Energy Star ceiling fans to stay cool even while you raise the air conditioner settings.
2. Clean or replace your air conditioner air filters. Increase efficiency and extend the life of your equipment.
3. Turn off electric devices that are not in use. It will decrease the heat in your home and save electricity.
4. Be sure to program your thermostat to run comfortably when you are home, rather than all day.
5. Contact BrightHome for an Energy Audit today to learn how insulation can help your cooling bills!
Summer is here in the New York metro region, and cold weather is about the last thing on many homeowners’ minds. In fact, at any given time throughout the summer, some 10-30% of Westchester County residents are away from home, enjoying the warm weather somewhere along the coast or taking in the beauty of Upstate New York’s hills and mountains. For these folks, a home energy upgrade to reduce heating costs and improve home comfort in the winter may be a distant thought.